Volunteering Volunteer – Ski Patrol for the 2015/2016 Season
To be considered for this volunteer position, please submit an online application @ http://www.coppercolorado.com/jobs
Volunteer Title: Ski Patrol for the 2015/2016 Season
To provide for and ensure a reasonably safe skiing environment for our guests and fellow employees. To provide medical assistance and evacuation, skier safety, search and rescue support, trail work, lift evacuation, duty station responsibilities, equipment maintenance, and other assigned duties. Each task requires a high level of decision making. Basic computer skills, EMT-B, American Heart Association CPR and strong alpine skiing skills are minimum requirements.
• Mountaineering skills preferred with and technical rope experience.
• Industry experience, i.e. ski instructor, lift operator, trail crew also preferred, but not necessary
• Must be able to lift and carry toboggans weighing as much as 70 lbs. Other tasks include skiing in difficult conditions, volunteering in cold and often inclement conditions, high elevations, carrying and transporting unwieldy materials such as tower pads, medical equipment, etc. No current physical limitations.
• Ability to volunteer in high altitude adverse cold weather environmental conditions.
• Must be able to hear and speak clearly in order to hear beacon signals and skiers requesting assistance, and for communication to occur using radios and telephones.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
Copper Mountain Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled. We offer competitive benefits, employee housing, and a unique work atmosphere. All of our job opportunities are located at Copper Mountain Resort in Summit County, Colorado. 90 miles west of Denver, we are situated in the heart of Colorado’s playground. All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment.
Can you see yourself here – Apply now!