Youth Water Leadership Program™
Student Videographers Announcement
The Youth Water Leadership Program™ (YWLP) is a studentdriven
education experience intended to increase watershed
literacy and specifically Colorado watershed management
knowledge. The YWLP inspires meaningful dialogue and
community engagement among students and water resource professionals and policy makers.
Secondary students and teachers engage in project-based learning to create unique, student-driven
water stewardship call-to-action projects. The development process of a call-to-action
project promotes critical thinking and leadership skills applicable and tools necessary for the
21st-century workforce. The YWLP connects students with the best available watershed
science and management information, exposes them to experts in the field, and introduces
them to future career possibilities in natural resource and STEM fields.
The culminating signature event is a local Youth Water Summit, a student-driven educational
conference creating an opportunity for learning, dialogue, and action on Colorado River Basin
issues. Wild Rose Education founded and directs the YWLP. Read more and view videos and
news stories from previous year at www.wildroseeducation.com.
Student Videographer Description:
Wild Rose Education is seeking two Colorado Mountain College videography students to work
as a videography team for the Youth Water Leadership Program: Healthy Rivers Youth
Water Summit. In addition to a stipend, the videographers will be recognized at the Summit
as well as in digital media stories for the program.
Gig date: Thursday, November 15, 2018 from 8:30am-2:15pm; a 1 hour meeting prior to
event will also need to be scheduled during the week before the event
Gig Location: Third Street Center, 520 South Third Street, Carbondale, CO.
Gig Stipend: $450 each plus lunch, and snacks
Required Gig Expectations:
• Videographers work as a team to produce one 2-4 minute video capturing the essence
of the event
• Film interviews with event participants, presentations, etc.
• Meet for 1 hour a few days prior to the event to allow videographers to understand the
venue, lighting, and discuss videography needs.
• Film during Healthy Rivers Youth Water Summit on Nov. 15, 8:30am-2:15pm
• Communicate with Director during editing process
• Produce final cut and share with Director by 9:00 a.m. Friday, Dec. 7, 2018
• Share quality outtake footage with Director by 9:00 a.m. Friday, Dec. 7, 2018
• Must provide all necessary equipment
Applications is at https://goo.gl/forms/ZPkXrNEZjkeGPsRm2
Application deadline: Monday, September 17, 2018
Direct any questions to Sarah Johnson; email@example.com or 970-510-0697