Full-Time Veterinary Technician
Are you an experienced veterinary technician interested in being part of something amazing? Are you bored and need a real challenge or a better sense of fulfillment? Is there something in your DNA that says I need to find my dream job? Well keep reading!
At the Veterinary Referral Center of Central Oregon, we believe that teamwork, superior patient care, education, and fun are the secret to a wonderful career. Veterinary Referral Center of Central Oregon is seeking a full time veterinary technician who embodies these values. The technician will work under doctors from various departments (surgery, dermatology, internal medicine and emergency) with a possible opportunity to focus on specific areas of interest as the hospital grows.
Specific Duties Include
• Triage, admit, and treat patients under doctor supervision
• Perform physical exams
• Place intravenous catheters
• Work in multiple departments including emergency, internal medicine, dermatology and surgery.
• Facilitate transfers of ER cases to the appropriate service
• Assist with surgical procedures and processing instruments
• Monitor and provide treatments to current in-patients
• Calculate drug doses and fill medications
• Communicate discharge instructions effectively and accurately to clients
• The technician may occasionally be responsible for receptionist duties when the receptionist is unavailable. These duties include answering phones, scheduling appointments, admitting patients, and settling bills
• Implement isolation protocols
• Take and process radiographs and perform advanced imaging
• Collect samples (blood, urine) and run in-house laboratory tests
• Maintain a clean hospital environment
• Maintain a happy, collaborative and positive attitude under stressful situations
The successful candidate will be expected to be self-motivated and work toward being the best at what they do while being a positive impact to the team. We will encourage personal development and growth that benefits both the candidate and our hospital.
Our generous benefit package includes: medical and dental insurance, paid vacation, and discounted pet care, as well as other great benefits.
Expected salary: TBD based on experience
Please e-mail your resume to email@example.com