Internship Sustainability Internship – Two Month Paid Internship with Housing Stipend
The Eagle River Water & Sanitation District provides high quality, affordable drinking water to its customers to protect public health and the natural surroundings. We are currently looking for an environmentally focused person with a sustainability related background or degree to intern with our sustainability program.
The mission of the sustainability committee is to encourage sustainable culture throughout the district by promoting sustainable practices, increasing awareness, and creating efficiencies to operate in a manner that respects the natural environment and benefits the surrounding community. This internship will work on a variety of projects as assigned by the Sustainability Committee chair to support district sustainability goals and efforts.
This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate, organized, and solution-oriented professional who has a commitment to sustainability. The ideal candidate for this role must: be comfortable working independently and taking initiative in development of new program elements, with guidance; be able to provide excellent customer service to internal customers across multiple departments; and be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment with fun and friendly coworkers. Other benefits include paid holidays, housing stipend, and opportunities for training.
We would prefer an intern who can start immediately and work until the end of 2018. This internship will work no more than 350 hours or roughly two months.
What You Will Do:
• Implement grant-funded energy efficiency projects, coordinating needed work with staff and contractors
• Support energy tracking efforts and make recommendations for energy and GHG reduction initiatives
• Complete required reporting and other activities related to sustainability certifications
• Organize sustainability committee quarterly meetings and sub-committee meetings as needed
• Guide sustainable purchasing initiatives, including completion of a sustainable purchasing policy
• Coordinate with the Eagle County Climate Action Collaborative, including participation in quarterly meetings
• Continue work related to development of an Environmental Management System, in compliance with ISO14001 standards
• Support department-specific sustainability efforts
• Must be pursuing or have recently completed a Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university within Environmental Sciences, Engineering, Natural Resources Management or related field; Or pursuing a technical degree from a Technical, Scientific or Trade Institution in Environmental Studies, Water Treatment, Wastewater Treatment, Watershed Science or other related course.
• Working knowledge of sustainable practices, especially as related to water or wastewater treatment facilities, is desirable.
• Coursework with ISO14001 standards strongly preferred
• Strong communication skills and customer service skills required.
• Computer proficiency, Excel in particular, required.
• Research skills required.
• Must possess a valid Colorado Driver’s License and be insurable by District standards.
• Required to follow all District safety and security policies and wear Personal Protective Equipment as required by the job duties
All District employees must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and extensive background check.
For a full job description, email email@example.com
All applicants must apply online at www.erwsd.org in order to be considered. This position will remain posted until filled.