Volunteering Summer Editorial Intern- Aspen Ideas Festival
The Aspen Institute
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, DC. Its mission is to foster leadership based on enduring values and to provide a nonpartisan venue for dealing with critical issues. The Institute has campuses in Aspen, Colorado, and on the Wye River on Marylandâ€™s Eastern Shore. It also maintains offices in New York City and has an international network of partners.
Aspen Summer Internship Program
The Aspen Institute Summer Internship program is an excellent opportunity for college students to gain professional experience in a highly stimulating, fast-paced environment, while also benefitting from the richness of programming hosted on the Aspen Meadows campus each summer. The Institute employs 15 college juniors and seniors (or recent college graduates) during the summer months in Aspen, Colorado to work with the Institute staff to produce and execute dozens of world-class events. Internship opportunities are available in the following departments: Office of Institutional Advancement, Administration, Information Technology, Community Programs, Conference Services, and Public Programs. All internships are paid positions. Each department will post its specific job description online in advance of the application process opening. For information about our programs and offerings, please visit www.aspeninstitute.org.
Application process begins: January 5, 2018
Application Deadline: January 31, 2018
Interview dates: February 1 â€“ 28, 2018*
Employment notification: March 15, 2018*
Position Start Date: May 29, 2018**
Position End Date: Mid to Late August 2018**
Hours per Week: 40+ (overtime will be paid as applicable)
*These dates are subject to change.
**May vary depending on department.
Provide administrative, event and general support for the Aspen Institute programs and operations taking place in Aspen. The editorial intern will take on tasks related to the Aspen Ideas Festival website, print production, podcast production, mobile app, and more. This position is ideal for a student or recent graduate who has a keen interest in communications, marketing, and journalism.
Primary Mission Accountabilities:
All Aspen Institute employees are expected to embody the Instituteâ€™s core values to:
• Foster a culture of excellence in all aspects of his or her work.
• Represent the Aspen Institute ideal of respect for the dignity and value of others.
• Promote an environment for teamwork.
• Adhere to professional code of conduct.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform basic functions in the websiteâ€™s CMS. (No previous experience required.)
• Perform basic functions on the mobile appâ€™s administrative system. (No previous experience required.)
• Support podcast team with recording and sound editing.
• Assist with staffing needs of events, lectures, and seminars.
• Provide general administrative support as needed (copying, answering phones, database entry, fulfilling requests for information, etc.).
• Prepare reports, correspondence, and mailings as requested.
• Additional projects as requested by department supervisor.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Writing/editing for publication
• Marketing skills a plus
• Podcast/audio production skills a plus
• Time management skills
• Professionalism and good judgement.
• Respect for others and value of diversity
• Initiative and responsiveness.
• Team player with ability to work well independently and with others.
Knowledge, Education and Experience:
• Must be enrolled in or recent graduate of an accredited college.
• Experience and proficiency with a variety of software programs, including Microsoft Office Suite, social networking, and database applications.
• Event planning experience a plus.
• Great interpersonal skills, including a desire to learn and the ability to be flexible and proactive
• Minority candidates encouraged to apply
• Valid driver’s license
• Interns are responsible for their local housing, though the Institute will assist in locating opportunities when possible.
• Authorized to work in the US
Schedule/Number of hours:
40 hours per week; additional hours as needed.
Applicants must be willing to work all days of the internship period. Vacation days are not allowed without prior approval by supervisor.
Schedule may include several nights and weekends throughout the year depending on events.
Applications will be accepted online only at www.aspeninstitute.org/careers. Interviews will be conducted by phone or via Skype. If you have questions, please call 970-925-7010.
The Aspen Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all District and federal laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/36s73sy4r36c3kt3