Full-Time Resort Sales Manager
Apply online at hotspringspool.com
For over 130 years, visitors coming to Glenwood Hot Springs Resort have helped build a strong family resort tradition. Our historic Glenwood Springs setting, between Aspen and Vail, provides an atmosphere for cherished memories. The soothing mineral waters of the world’s largest hot springs pool are a great start, but this unique and historic destination includes Spa of the Rockies for stress reduction, a premier athletic club for working out, a resort boutique for retail therapy and on-location dining for convenience. Our 107-room lodge is within walking distance to downtown shopping, restaurants and nightlife. At Glenwood Hot Springs we are committed to making people feel better.
The Resort Sales Manager is responsible for planning, driving, generating and maximizing revenues and operating profit for the Glenwood Hot Springs Resort including Pool, Lodge, Athletic Club, Shop, Grill, Spa of the Rockies, and other revenues through effective prospecting, relationship building, promotions, special events, advertising and sales calls. In addition this individual is responsible for ongoing competitive analysis. This is an active seller role, roughly 45% of this job will be out of the office selling.
• Responsible to develop and foster business through pro-active direct sales, appointment calls and tours, etc. Also develops strategic action plans for the resort to drive measurable, incremental sales revenue.
• Identify areas of opportunities, tools and sales training to optimize resort revenue. Maintain a clear understanding of the resorts business strategies, setting goals and creating and implementing action plans to meet those goals.
• Update action plans and financial objectives at least quarterly.
• Identify new markets and business opportunities to increase sales. Target key accounts with potential for the resort.
• Identify and represent resort in various pertinent events and exhibition.
• Implement all related sales action plans as outlined in the marketing plan.
• Conduct daily inside and outside sales calls and arrange site inspection/informational trips/events to resort.
• Develop relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer base for sales opportunities.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked including ensuring accurate and timely execution of all aspects of BEO’s.
• Able to supports resort’s service and relationship strategy, driving guest loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each guest experience.
• Work closely with revenue generating department heads to ensure proposed rate negotiations meet the financial needs of the businesses.
• Develop strong relationships with department heads, lodge and spa front office, pool cashier, food & beverage managers and business office teams to ensure working in unity and always striving to achieve the same goals.
• Assess additional training needs based on observations and data gathered and interaction with lodge and spa front office/reservations, pool cashier and shop to coach, train and recommend for improved sales training techniques.
• Attending all department and resort meetings as necessary. RevMax and weekly manager’s staff meeting are important priorities.
• Build and strengthen relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings. Activities include local and out of town sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
• Make frequent sales calls to local businesses to develop and maintain strong positive relationships within the local community establishing programs which create a strong referral base and mutual benefit.
• Acquiring and developing new business accounts and preparing sales proposals for clients.
• Closely following up on all business leads within a 24 business hour response timeline to clients.
• Manage Sales & Marketing Assistant.
• Three years previous experience in successfully managing hospitality/resort/tourism sales in a leadership role.
• Working knowledge of hospitality/resort sales, inventory management, and group sales packaging.
• Knowledge of the product and competitive environment is required.
• Proof of previous sales success.
• Strong network of connections is an asset.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proven ability to maintain attention to detail.
• Strategic planning skills.
• Microsoft Office, computer software, database, and website skills.