Internship NEW COURSE and SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITY
NEW COURSE and SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITY
CMC Summit Campus Fall 2018
New Course: Service Leadership
Service Leadership – Course Description
Integrates academic coursework with leadership opportunities in the community. Emphasizes developing economic, environmental, and social value within organizations and in communities. Reflection and other course activities reinforce and extend academic work. Three credits.
Course Learning Objectives/Competencies
- Apply academic course learning to service leadership opportunities in the community
- Demonstrate an increased level of understanding of area of study gained from service to the community
- Demonstrate initiative and leadership while performing service to the community
- Demonstrate good practice in experiential learning through reflection, self-awareness, and community awareness
- Describe (speculate on) how competencies developed through current service experiences can be applied in the future.
A limited number of scholarships are available for Service Leadership students.
Robert M. Cartelli, Ph.D.