Temp/Seasonal Network Technician
Responsibilities include distributed systems hardware installation, maintenance, and support, and the support of desktop operating systems, printing and application support. Works closely with the IT team and users in Summit and Eagle Counties as well as Denver to meet customer expectations. This person will work at the Keystone location. Primary focus is desktop operating system support.
1. Configure and install PC?s, laptops, wireless devices, printers, peripherals and other equipment to support enterprise business operations and future business growth and the movement and/or expansion of enterprise units. This will include support of remote locations and properties as well as on mountain support.
2. Install Microsoft desktop operating systems as well as other desktop applications and systems to support enterprise business units as described by departmental policy. Applications include MS Office (and other MS applications), IBM Client Access and Resort POS. This includes working knowledge of Microsoft system policy and group policy in an enterprise environment.
2.3. Strong Trouble shooting techniques that include ability to research problems via the internet, interdepartmental research, as well as vendor support. and via other means.
3.4. Responds to problem tickets and repair the malfunctioning equipment quickly. Provides support for PC technician operations and Help Desk operations on a daily basis. Support and troubleshooting of desktop operating systems is fundamental for this support role. After hours work and on-call support as required.
4. Performs installations, relocation, and re-installation as well as any other related requests (Adds/Moves/Changes). Will require some lifting, carrying and operation of company vehicles.
5. Provides project management / tracking to insure the project and day-to-day work schedules are being met. Create, maintain and update documentation and excel spread sheets as needed for compliance with company computer related standards.
6. Strong teamworking effort in project management and implementation is needed to ensure proper communication and coordination with all of IT and key departments.
– 1 – 3 years experience in desktop support and administration
– Strong understanding of Microsoft Windows Desktop operating systems. Microsoft certifications preferred.
– Understanding of basic PC and printer operation.
– Basic understanding of network technologies such as ethernet, switched ethernet.
– Good interpersonal skills as well as excellent oral and written skills, excellent teamwork and communication skills are essential.
– Efficient use of Microsoft Office Applications for tracking, communication and documentation purposes.
– Ability to work independently and unsupervised.
– Use of personal car may be required.
– After hours support and maintenance, on-call duties and on-mountain work assignments are required.