Full-Time Inside Sales
GMS is the leading North American distributor of gypsum wallboard, acoustical ceiling products and other specialty building materials. Founded in 1971, GMS now operates a network of more than 200 distribution centers nationwide. For more information about GMS, visit www.gms.com or any one of our subsidiary company websites.
Pioneer Materials West has seven conveniently located yards across the region including six in Colorado (Centennial, Grand Junction, Gypsum, Berthoud, Silverthorne, and Steamboat Springs) and one in Evansville, Wyoming. Teaming up with the top brands in the industry, we live by one simple pledge: getting the right products into our customers’ hands as quickly and safely as possible. And our network of yards ensures that you are never too far from our shipping footprint.
Many of our employees have worked at Pioneer Materials West for over 20 years, and some have been with us for 30 years or more. We have a number of employees who started their careers in delivery and warehouse positions and later advanced into management. This is a testament to the great culture and work environment that Pioneer Materials West provides. We really define our employees as “family” and truly care about the health and welfare of everyone who works for us.
All of Pioneer Materials West’s employees pride themselves in being hard working, safe, and professional in their key roles. They are the backbone of our success as a company.
INSIDE SALES OVERVIEW:
The ideal candidate should thrive in a fast-paced, hands-on environment. Team work and initiative are necessities. Candidates with experienced in and knowledge of the construction industry may be given preference. However, training on product knowledge of building materials including drywall, Insulation, metal studs for drywall, ceiling systems, stucco, construction tools, construction safety items, drywall compound, and accessories for the drywall industry will be provided. Daily interaction with customers, face to face and over the phone.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Taking orders at the sales counter and over the phone
• Building relationships with customers
• Ability to use company computer system to enter orders
• Complete sales orders and tender cash sales
• Develop product knowledge to assist customers with purchases
• Cold-call prospects that are generated by external sources of lead
• Collaborate with Outside Sales Reps and Sales Managers to determine necessary strategic sales approaches
• Overcome objections of prospective customers
• Emphasize product/service features and benefits, quote prices, discuss credit terms, and prepare sales order forms and/or reports
• High school diploma or GED required, 4 year degree preferred
• Ability to self-manage, show initiative and be comfortable meeting the public
• Must be a team player, demonstrate attention to detail and have good organizational skills
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
• Paid holidays & vacation days
Launch your career with a national building materials distributor and discover opportunities for growth and advancement. Our people have the independence and authority to make a difference. We invest in relationships, and every person is important. Our highest priority is serving others. We passionately pursue a safe work environment along with a relentless focus on operational excellence. We believe you can never go wrong doing the right thing.
To apply, send resume to Holly in HR: firstname.lastname@example.org