Full-Time HR Coordinator
Visit our website at www.hotspringspool.com or stop by the Business office and apply today.
The Human Resources Coordinator is a full-time year-round position offering excellent benefits, including employer paid health, dental and vision insurance, 401k with company matching, vacation, sick and holiday pay, a free family pool pass and more.
Responsible for assisting in the administration and coordination of safety and health policies, procedures and programs and coordinating Human Resources department responsibilities.
Work Hours and Days – work hours and days are generally normal business hours, but may require evening or weekend duties for trainings, inspections and other responsibilities.
· Maintains Health and Safety Manual with guidance of HR Director.
· Understand requirements and ensure compliance to maintain participation in State of Colorado Cost Containment Certification program as well as any other available discount programs.
· Schedule, chair, prepare minutes and distribute, and follow up on monthly company Safety Committee meetings.
· Annually review and update the organization’s safety policy and safety rules.
· Provides central administrative support to safety initiatives and programs such as, but not limited to, maintain master SDS binders, ensure monthly departmental safety trainings are done and documented, safety numbers are posted daily and celebrations are arranged, and tracking timeline of safety inspections such as fire extinguishers and exit signs.
· Organizes employee smoking cessation classes, flu shots and blood draws.
· Provides support and coordination, with direction of the HR Director, of workers’ compensation claims administration including, but not limited to, conducting timely accident investigations. Preparing and issuing return to work documents and ensuring proper timely follow up is completed.
· Conduct accident and/or near miss investigations with employee and manager involved. Ensure reports are reviewed by necessary personnel and secure all proper signatures on Accident Investigation Reports and insure that future prevention recommendations are implemented swiftly.
· Provides support to department managers to ensure proper safety training is conducted and provided.
· Maintains company’s driving list with GHS’s liability insurance company.
· Assist in compliance with government standards concerning safety and health.
· Maintain confidentiality of all sensitive issues and protect confidential employee medical information in accordance with HIPPA regulations.
· Order, maintain and distribute employee uniforms and conduct quarterly inventories.
· Develop and maintain an employee years of service recognition program.
· Maintain ongoing employee recognition programs.
· Create and maintain employee bulletin boards in both the Lodge and lower complex
· Provide articles for employee newsletter.
· Plan employee celebrations and parties.
· Provide administrative support to HR Director as requested.
· Maintain applicant flow as directed by manager.
· Screen applicants for suitability when asked.
· Provide administrative support for employee training.
· Conducts employee training when requested.
· Provide employee relations and investigative support.
Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field preferred.
· Prior HR and safety experience preferred.
· Prior experience in hospitality and high level guest service.
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Excellent presentation skills.
· Knowledge of public and GHS safety regulations and policies.
· Ability to work cooperatively as a team member.
· Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office.
· Spanish language skills helpful.
· Physical and mental agility required to perform all the activities of the job, including the ability to walk to all areas of the facility, and climb up & down stairs and up and down ladders, twist, stoop, bend and reach.
Glenwood Hot Springs Resort is a Drug Free Environment.