Full-Time HOUSEPERSON – Grand Colorado on Peak 8 – HOUSE01048-00001
Job Title: Houseperson
Division/Dept: GC8 Resort Operations / Housekeeping
Reports To: Housekeeping Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
WC Code: 9015
EEO Code: Service Worker
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for cleaning, disinfecting, sanitizing, restocking and tidying all common areas at the Grand Colorado On Peak 8 which include the lobby, conference room, theaters, fitness and family fun center, day use room, grotto, steam room, sauna, pool and hot tub areas, locker rooms, laundry rooms, elevators, hallways, stairwells, outside grounds, parking garages and public restrooms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Including but not limited to:
* Check the weekly schedule for daily work assignment and sign out radio and vacuum.
* Ensure the pool and hot tub areas and locker rooms are 100% resort ready, using the checklist.
* Clean, disinfect, sanitize, restock and tidy the common areas by performing the following tasks:
* Wipe, scour, disinfect and/or sanitize counters, cabinets, sinks, toilets, urinals, showers, drains, drawers, hooks, light switches, shelves, mirrors, walls, doors, windows, drinking fountains, lockers, waste receptacles and built in seating.
* Disinfect, sanitize, sweep, scour, mop and/or vacuum floors, mats and/or outside decking. Utilize floor machines as needed.
* Vacuum and/or spot clean stains, hair or lint on furniture.
* Remove calcium, lime deposits and rust off hardware and walls.
* Wipe, disinfect and sanitize exercise machines, guest laundry room equipment and games in the family fun center.
* Wipe, disinfect and sanitize outdoor patio furniture and counters.
* Ensure baseboards, built in seating, fans, furniture, decorations, product bottles, toilet paper and paper towel holders, light fixtures, window treatments and/or vents are free of dust and grime and in the proper placement.
* Dust and polish wood trim and stainless steel appliances.
* Restock and/or refill amenities, cleaning supplies, paper products, personal hygiene products, towels and linens in the locker rooms and housekeeping storage areas.
* Replace urinal screens.
* Collect, empty and transport trash, compost and recycling throughout the day from all common areas.
* Dispose of occasional pet waste from the grounds.
* Utilize the correct cleaning agent for each cleaning task.
* Field radio calls with requests from other departments, when assigned “runner” duties.
* Ensure late arrival units are properly locked off for arriving guests and in “resort ready” condition.
* Bag, tag and turn in all lost and found items to the front desk.
* Report maintenance issues to the engineering department and notify a housekeeping manager or supervisor for accountability.
* Refill all chemical bottles using the proper dilution system and ensure they are properly labeled per OSHA regulation.
* Maintain and manage various projects being proactive in the design and implementation of systems to complete the projects.
* Complete seasonal deep cleaning tasks in the Spring and Fall.
* Complete and submit Houseperson checklist. Update the hourly sign in sheets for aquatic areas and public restrooms.
* Assist other departments in executing room moves, special cleans and guest and owner requests. Assist with luggage and deliveries.
* Assist housekeepers, when necessary, to ensure all daily work for the department is completed.
* Turn off lights and lock doors in areas that are not in use or when finished cleaning. Keep storage areas neat, clean and organized.
* Keep the housekeeping storage areas, carts and cleaning caddies well stocked.
* Uphold Hospitality Standards, Company Culture and Department Core Standards and observe Company policies and procedures.
* Be the “End of the Line” and resolve every situation inherited, not passing it along, whenever possible.
* Follow up on any situation that is not fully resolved at the time of the initial request always giving consideration to what the guest or owner deems appropriate.
* Maintain a positive working relationship with all contacts, always being helpful and courteous.
* Wear proper uniform and name badge and adhere to Company appearance standards at all times.
* Attend and participate in company-wide training sessions and department staff meetings.
MARGINAL DUTIES: Functions that are not considered essential to the job:
* Power wash the exterior aquatics deck.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Follow Company guidelines for environmental sustainability practices (recycling, composting and conserving resources) and participate in the Company’s sustainability initiatives.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
COMPETENCIES / SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES: To perform the job successfully an individual should possess the following competencies, skills and attributes: Strive to meet exemplary cleanliness scores * Pay attention to detail and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness * Take initiative and perform tasks without being asked * Monitor work to ensure quality * Strive to develop skills, sharing expertise with others * Maintain expert knowledge and understanding of all knowledge applicable to the position * Support the team’s effort to succeed by giving and welcoming feedback, building morale and contributing a positive team spirit * Provide exceptional customer service and anticipate needs * Be empowered to make GRAND vacations * Treat people with respect and consideration * Approach others in a tactful manner * Communicate over the radio in a professional manner * Ask for clarification when necessary * Remain calm and empathetic in situations that can be challenging * Use equipment
and materials properly * Observe safety procedures and report potentially unsafe conditions.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED), one to three months related experience or combination of education and experience.
COMPUTER EXPERIENCE: Ability to operate a personal computer to accurately record time worked, in the correct department, using the Company time keeping system. Ability to utilize appropriate programs using a mobile device.
LANGUAGE ABILITY: Ability to speak, read, write and interpret in English preferred.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Perform repetitive motions of the arms (elbows, wrists, hands and fingers) over 2/3 of the time.
* Use hands and fingers to touch, handle, feel or grasp over 2/3 of the time.
* Reach with arms over 2/3 of the time.
* Walk and stand over 2/3 of the time.
* Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
* Lift between 10 and 25 pounds over 2/3 of the time.
* Speak and listen over the radio and in person between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
* Push with force, using upper extremities to thrust forward, downward or outward between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
* Pull using upper extremities to exert force to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
* Navigate a wheeled linen cart weighing up to 200 pounds under 1/3 of the time.
* Climb or balance under 1/3 of the time.
* Lift between 50 – 75 pounds under 1/3 of the time.
* Requires close, distance, color and peripheral vision, close visual acuity and depth perception.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The environmental conditions the employee will have exposure to:
* Outdoor weather conditions such as sun, ice, snow, wind, dust, rain and humidity between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
* Fumes or airborne particles between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
* Moving vehicles in the parking lot and/or garages under 1/3 of the time.
* Wet or humid conditions (non-weather) under 1/3 of the time.
* Close quarters that could cause claustrophobia under 1/3 of the time.
* Pets and pet dander in and around the pet friendly resort.
* Moderate noise.
To apply for this position, please use the following URL: