Full-Time ENGINEER TECH ENTRY LEVEL – ENGIN01020-00001
Job Title: Engineering Technician – Entry Level
Division/Dept: GTL Resort Operations / Engineering
Reports To: Engineering Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
WC Code: 9015
EEO Code: Craft Workers
SUMMARY: This position supports all engineering functions relating to the units, common areas and grounds at the Grand Timber Lodge, performing skilled work and manual labor. Responsibilities include basic repairs and improvements, landscaping, occasional unit inspections, snow and ice removal, and guest services. This position also assists with a variety of other engineering related tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Included but not limited to:
* Perform basic repairs and improvements in a variety of trades including appliance repair, carpentry, drywall finishing and repair, electrical, HVAC, landscaping, masonry, mechanical systems, painting, plumbing, and tile work.
* Enter completed maintenance tasks in the company software.
* Update Engineering Manager and Assistant Manager on inventory levels to ensure orders are placed in a timely manner.
* Keep the garages, parking areas and grounds clean and free of litter and dog waste.
* Assist with the installation, removal or repair of appliances and furniture.
* Assist with opening and closing of all aquatic areas, as needed.
* Assist with monitoring and maintaining the property hot tubs and pools, including the chemistry, temperature and level of the water, in the absence of the Aquatics Specialist. Assist with basic mechanical, filtration and pump system maintenance and repairs.
* Assist with transport of trash, recycling and compostable materials.
* Perform snow and ice removal, by shoveling and/or plowing, to ensure safe conditions throughout the property.
* Assist with mowing, weeding and fertilizing the lawns as needed. Help maintain flower beds and sweep sidewalks.
* Perform pre-arrival checks of each unit, as needed and requested, to ensure everything is in working order.
* Assist with fire alarm incidents and building evacuations. Handle fire alarm notifications.
* Maintain machinery, equipment and tools by cleaning, lubricating, greasing and oiling to ensure optimum working order.
* Know the locations of all emergency shut offs (boiler, water, electrical, irrigation and aquatic) and how to operate them.
* Keep shop and all storage areas safe, clean and organized. Return all tools and inventory to the appropriate location.
* Deliver and/or retrieve items such as roll away beds, cribs, packages and stored luggage to and from guest rooms.
* Assist guests with relocating to new rooms when necessary.
* Foster strong cross department communication and synergy.
* Wear personal protective equipment (PPE), following OSHA guidelines, for specific job tasks which require safety protection.
* Uphold Hospitality Standards, Company Culture and Department Core Standards and observe Company policies and procedures.
* Be the “End of the Line” and resolve every situation inherited, not passing it along, whenever possible.
* Follow up on any situation that is not fully resolved at the time of the initial request always giving consideration to what the guest or owner deems appropriate.
* Strive to close the loop (alleviate or eliminate issues) on any situations that cannot be fully resolved.
* Respond promptly to all email and voicemail correspondence.
* Maintain a positive working relationship with all contacts, always being helpful and courteous.
* Wear proper uniform and name badge and adhere to Company appearance standards.
* Attend and participate in company-wide training sessions and department staff meetings.
MARGINAL DUTIES: Functions that are not considered essential to the job:
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Follow Company guidelines for environmental sustainability practices (recycling, composting and conserving resources) and participating in the Company’s sustainability initiatives.
* Operate company vehicles and utility task vehicles (UTV’s) safely and as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties. Individual should be mechanically inclined, able to read and comprehend service materials and able to organize a typical day with a day planner.
COMPETENCIES / SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES: To perform the job successfully an individual should possess the following competencies, skills and attributes: Respond promptly to requests * Start and complete projects in a timely, organized and professional manner * Follow policies and procedures * Pay attention to detail and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness * Use judgment to prioritize tasks and monitor own work to ensure quality * Use equipment and materials properly * Observe safety procedures and report potentially unsafe conditions * Be flexible and adapt approaches to best fit each situation * Meet challenges with resourcefulness * Look for ways to improve and promote quality * Support the team’s effort to succeed by giving and welcoming feedback, building morale and contributing a positive team spirit * Treat people with respect and consideration * Approach others in a tactful manner * Provide exceptional customer service and anticipate needs * Be empowered to make GRAND
vacations * React well under pressure * Remain calm and empathetic in situations that can be challenging * Ask for clarification when necessary * Apply feedback to improve performance * Work well independently * Take initiative and perform tasks without being asked * Strive to build knowledge and skills, sharing expertise with others * Maintain expert knowledge and understanding of all knowledge applicable to the position * Stay informed on the company, home property, ski resort and town developments and communicate to others when necessary.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); one to three months related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Basic knowledge and experience with hand and power tools, pool and hot tub chemistry, HVAC systems, mechanical systems, boilers, carpentry and gas fireplaces preferred.
COMPUTER EXPERIENCE: Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel) and basic office equipment such as calculator, copier, fax, phone and scanner. Ability to operate a personal computer and accurately record time worked, in the correct department, using the Company time keeping system. Ability to utilize programs using a mobile device.
CERTIFICATIONS and/or LICENSES: Must possess a valid US driver license and an acceptable driving record. Obtain and/or maintain certification as an aquatics operator (CPO or AFO).
LANGUAGE ABILITY: Ability to speak, read, write and interpret in English. Ability to read and interpret business correspondence, maintenance, operating and safety instructions, technical procedures, regulations, routine reports, safety rules and schedules. Ability to write simple correspondence and procedures. Ability to speak effectively and present information to guests, owners, other employees of the organization and outside vendors.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to make accurate calculations relating to area, circumference, dimensions, distance, percentage, volume and weight. Ability to read and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Stand and walk over 2/3 of the time.
* Perform repetitive motions of the arms (elbows, wrists, hands and fingers) over 2/3 of the time.
* Speak and listen over the phone, radio and in person over 2/3 of the time.
* Lift up to 10 pounds over 2/3 of the time.
* Use hands and fingers to touch, handle, feel or grasp between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
* Lift over 10 pounds and up to 50 pounds between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
* Push using upper extremities with force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
* Pull using upper extremities to exert force to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
* Sit and work at a computer workstation (using mouse and keyboard) under 1/3 of the time.
* Reach with arms under 1/3 of the time.
* Stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb or balance under 1/3 of the time.
* Smell under 1/3 of the time.
* Lift 50 to over 100 pounds under 1/3 of the time.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The environmental conditions the employee will have exposure to:
* Close proximity to moving vehicles and moving mechanical parts over 2/3 of the time.
* Outdoor weather conditions such as sun, ice, snow, wind, dust, rain and humidity between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
* Extreme cold, below 32 degrees between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
* Work in high, precarious places under 1/3 of the time.
* Fumes, airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals under 1/3 of the time.
* Close proximity to electrical current and risk of electrical shock.
* Areas that could cause claustrophobia under 1/3 of the time.
* Vibration under 1/3 of the time.
* Mechanical shop environment under 1/3 of the time.
* Pets and pet dander when in contact with pet friendly locations around the company. Occasional service animals.
* Moderate to loud noise.
To apply for this position, please use the following URL: