Full-Time Customer Service Specialist
Customer Service Specialist – Full Time Year Round
In Search Of YOU: You are someone who considers yourself not just a customer service specialist but a customer advocate. You know everyone by their first names. You are someone who needs to learn and do something a little different each day. You are kind, enthusiastic and energetic. You are so detail oriented that you can find the needle in the haystack. You love daily variety AND a stable work schedule. You want to have fun with your team at work and you believe that if the team is successful, you are successful.
You are looking for a job that serves the community and makes a difference. We are looking for someone like YOU.
Why work for us? The work you will do as a Customer Service Specialist allows you to be an advocate for customers and plays an essential role in water quality in our community. Not to mention our excellent health benefits, housing program, and ample opportunities for training and development.
The Day to Day:
• CUSTOMER INQUIRIES: Receives customer inquiries concerning such matters as processing service connections and disconnects delinquent accounts, service and trouble orders, letters received, high bill or usage complaints and disputed bills. Researches the information and issues work orders to meter techs and follows through to a satisfactory conclusion.
• RELATIONSHIPS: Acts as a liaison between customer and various organization departments.
• COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT: Evaluates title companies’ requests for property transfers, verifying any outstanding tap fees and delinquent balances, escrowing the proper amount, auditing the account and looking for uniformity issues, along with final reading, service orders and billing information. Requests new account numbers for projects under construction and tear down rebuilds, and follows up on completion for addition of accounts into the billing system. Prepares account files for construction projects, calculates and collects the tap fees.
• ADMINISTRATIVE: Answers the phone and is logged into the agent queue.
• BILLING: Updates customer billing information such as address changes, new owners, generates letters and emails to customers etc. Prepares adjustments to utility accounts related to investigations of disputed amounts, makes recommendations on dispute resolution, and manages the expedited dispute resolution policy. Establishes payment plans, manages promises to pay through the CIS system. Maintains a record of accounts, which have been approved for partial payments and follows up on payment plans. Participates in the collections and lien procedures, including managing notices, payment arrangements, liens, and certification to taxes. Understands the collections process in CIS.
• DATA INPUT AND ANALYSIS: Performs auditing of customer and account files to be set up for billing to ensure that all documents are in order and billing information is complete and accurate. Assists as needed with input of payments into CIS, printing batch reports, balancing computer reports to daily cash sheet, and correcting input errors.
• TEAMWORK: Supports and assists as the other Customer Service Specialists. Supports and assists with utility billing. Schedule appointments with customers and meter techs for home visits.
• SAFETY: Required to follow all District safety and security policies and wear Personal Protective Equipment as required by the job duties.
The Big Picture:
• This position will support and be part of a highly productive team committed to providing efficient, reliable water and wastewater service to its customers from East Vail to Wolcott.
• The ideal candidate for this role is skilled in troubleshooting and resolving internal and external customer issues and inquiries.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one year to three years related experience in cash receivable, database, data entry and ten key functions and customer service experience, and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• A strong candidate for this role is committed to continued learning and enjoys being part of a team.
• Proven communication (both verbal and written) & customer service skills and the ability to work productively with minimal direct supervision.
• This role will spend a lot of time working with a computer so proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, is required. Experience with specialized software suites related to billing or finance/accounting preferred but not required.
• Basic math skills are required.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills are essential to the role as well as an ability to manage a large variety of tasks and deadlines in a positive and productive manner. Experience or familiarity with functioning in an “active” or “busy” call center environment is preferred but not required.
• Must possess a valid Colorado Driver’s license within 30 days of full time employment and be insurable under District’s standards.
• Must obtain CPR/First Aid Certification within the first six (6) months of employment.
The range for this role is $17.12 – $23.97/hr. Hiring wage will depend on qualifications and experience.
All District employees must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and extensive background check.
For a full job description, email firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants must apply online by November 19, 2018 in order to be considered.