Internship Cook Supervisor
Cook Supervisor (RGMA) JOB BAND/GRADE Hourly
REPORTS TO (TITLE) Sous Chef
Safely prepare and serve food to the guests and employees of the venues you are working in while maintaining a sanitary, organized environment in your work area.
Essential Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Maintain a safe, sanitary work environment, which conforms to all standards and regulations.
• Adhere to safety policies and accident reporting procedures.
• Review menu and ensure that food items are ordered.
• Assist in conducting inventory.
• Requisition orders as needed for approval.
• Ensure proper portion and any special dietary requirements are fulfilled.
• Ensure timely and efficient meal service.
• Adhere to security policies and procedures.
• Ensure storage areas are locked at all times.
• Ensure that all kitchen tools and equipment are returned to their designated secure area.
• Ensure all keys are returned and secured.
• Develop sanitation schedule and ensure cooks, inmates, and/or food service workers adhere to the assigned schedule.
• Oversee cleaning of kitchen. In addition, oversees washing of kitchen utensils and equipment according to sanitary methods.
• Properly receive and store food and food related items.
• Requisition supplies and equipment to maintain stock levels.
• Monitor stock levels and report any discrepancies to Direct Supervisor.
• Follow Aramark’s Standard of Operation for food handling and storage.
• Determine work procedures, prepare work schedules, and expedite workflow for inmate and/or Aramark employee workforce.
• Recommend disciplinary action and review documents with Food Service Director/General Manager for approval.
• Complete all required training.
• Perform other job duties as assigned
SCOPE: This position reports to the Sous or Executive Sous Chef and has a working relationship with the Dining room manager ensuring that only the finest service is given to the guests. Working hours must be flexible as events are held during the day, nights and weekends.
• Ability to work with a diverse internal and external clients
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
• Excellent organization and the ability to prioritize multiple projects.
• Excellent time management skills
• Excellent ability to remain calm in high stress situations
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment
• Excellent work ethic and customer service skills
• Minimum 1½ years’ experience in the food service industry as a cook
• The ability to safely operate all kitchen equipment
• The ability to read and follow recipes
• Ability to be at work on time for scheduled shifts
• Ability to remain calm in high pressure situations
• Ability to give and receive critical feedback in a positive way
• Serve Safe Certified
• High School Education or equivalent
• More than 3 years’ experience in the food service industry as a cook
Work Environment: Back-of-house. Requires frequent lifting/transporting hot food items, ability to work inside kitchen area, interact with heated equipment, steam, and other at risk conditions. Involves