BUSINESS TITLE Cook (RCXE) JOB BAND/GRADE Hourly
POSITION SUMMARY: Safely prepare and serve food to the guests and employees of the venues you are working in while maintaining a sanitary, organized environment in your work area.
• Sets up and breaks down work stations
• Maintains a clean and sanitary work station
• Cooks and prepares food according to production guidelines and recipes
• Knowledge of food product, identification, and acceptable level of food quality
• Ensures food is stored at the appropriate temperature for the appropriate length of time and follows all food safety standards
• Completes all daily logs
• Must know methods of food preparation, cooking temperatures, and portion sizes to ensure food is prepared in prescribed, consistent manner
• Evaluates food quality and preparation by temping, tasting and checking for consistency
• Cuts, trims, bones, and carves meats and poultry for cooking
• Responsible for using correct portions when cutting, preparing, and serving items
• Cleans, organizes and sanitizes work areas, equipment, and utensils
• Assists in other areas when finished
• Adheres to master cleaning schedules as posted by management
• Completion of any task requested by a supervisor or member of the Aramark management team.
This position reports to the Sous or Executive Sous Chef and has a working relationship with the Dining room manager ensuring that only the finest service is given to the guests. Working hours must be flexible as events are held during the day, nights and weekends.
• Ability to work with a diverse internal and external clients
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
• Excellent organization and the ability to prioritize multiple projects.
• Excellent time management skills
• Excellent ability to remain calm in high stress situations
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment
• Excellent work ethic and customer service skills
• Minimum 1½ years’ experience in the food service industry as a cook
• The ability to safely operate all kitchen equipment
• The ability to read and follow recipes
• Ability to be at work on time for scheduled shifts
• Ability to remain calm in high pressure situations
• Ability to give and receive critical feedback in a positive way
• Serve Safe Certified
• High School Education or equivalent
• More than 3 years’ experience in the food service industry as a cook
Work Environment: Back-of-house. Requires frequent lifting/transporting hot food items, ability to work inside kitchen area, interact with heated equipment, steam, and other at risk conditions.