Full-Time Communications and Fundraising Coordinator
Communications and Fundraising Coordinator Job Description
The mission of the Eagle Valley Land Trust (EVLT) is to protect forever the lands we love, to preserve our heritage, scenic beauty, recreational opportunities, and wildlife habitats, and to build a permanent legacy for future generations. Partnering with landowners and grant funders, EVLT has already conserved nearly 10,000 acres of such lands and hopes to conserve another 20,000 acres by 2026.
General Job Description:
Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the Coordinator drafts and conveys all communications and coordinates several fundraising activities of the organization. The Coordinator will take on increased public relations responsibility over time. Since EVLT is a small organization, all employees are expected to work together as a team and shall be responsible for administrative tasks necessary for the day-to-day business of the land trust.
1. Implements the communications and marketing strategy of EVLT to build awareness and EVLT brand, including social media, newspaper articles, advertising, website content, annual report, and other digital and physical outreach/education materials of the organization.
2. Assists with events, including logistics, event committee meetings, sponsorship, and tickets sales.
3. Coordinates and implements monthly donor renewals strategy and annual appeal to new donors; manages donor recognition letters and emails to donors in a timely fashion.
4. Maintains a ready supply of EVLT branded marketing materials.
5. Maintains photo library files for marketing use.
6. Coordinates the activities of the Development Committee.
7. Other tasks as assigned by the ED.
• Communications strategy is implemented on established deadlines, conveys EVLT’s message effectively, is of high quality and accuracy, and uses established consistent messaging to create strong branding and build awareness of our value to the broader community.
• Website is easily navigated and contains current content that facilitates land conservation projects, public relations, and marketing campaigns.
• Continued growth in traffic to EVLT’s website and social media pages.
• Renewal and annual appeal strategies are of excellent quality and meet or exceeds annual goals.
• Funds raised from events increase, and high level of satisfaction from attendees is maintained.
• EVLT appears professional and focused; is projected as a leader in the community of other non-profits and local land trusts.
• Two years minimum in a professional non-profit or communications role.
• Excellent writing and editing skills.
• Able to prioritize and manage multiple, often unexpected, tasks with ease and within required timeframes.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills and demonstrated social and community involvement.
• High energy, and a passion for EVLT’s mission.
• Strong technical/computer skills. (Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive)
• Experience with marketing communications and layout/graphic design skills. (Adobe Suite)
• Experience with web design and content development and social media campaigns. (WordPress)
• Experience with mail merge and database systems a plus. (Donor Perfect)
• Valid driver’s license and ability to drive for work.
Compensation, Physical Requirements, and Work Environment:
• Compensation will depend upon experience.
• Full-time position including healthcare and retirement benefits.
• A blend of office work and community relations activities, this position will require periodic weekend, early morning, and evening work.
• Work requires some physical exertion such as strenuous hiking, walking, standing, lifting (up to 50 lbs), carrying, or similar activities.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply by sending a cover letter, references, and resume including desired compensation range, all as attachments in one e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will be open until filled. We plan to reply to all applicants within three weeks of application receipt.