Part-Time Accounting Assistant
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Ensures accuracy for all incoming vendor invoices.
• Enters vendor invoices into accounting control software.
• Prepares a weekly payables batch. Prints and mails checks after they have been approved.
• Keep vendor accounts up-to-date (call for copies of missing invoices, reviews statements, etc.)
• Maintains AP information for accuracy.
Credit & Collections:
• Creates monthly/quarterly/annual bills and statements while ensuring timely disbursement.
• Create and send monthly Opera statements to owners.
• Processes automatic credit card payments.
• Assist Accounting Manager following up with owners about past due balances (on a monthly basis), replying to phone calls and emails from owners, and making collection calls or mailers.
• Enters debits/credits: creates and mails invoices, records and deposits payments to proper bank accounts.
• Reconciles Petty Cash account and Debit Card charges.
• Reconcile the Operating account on a daily basis.
• Reconcile other Accounts once a month.
• Post journal entries for Opera Dailies.
• Post daily journal entries for Black Tie room charges.
• Reconcile Credit card statements.
• Enter and track payroll deductions (ski passes, rent, child support payments, etc.).
• Occasionally reconcile other accounts in GP (particularly the Room Folio and Owner pass thru accounts and Petty Cash)
• Compiles information and prepares spreadsheets to assist Controller and Accounting Manager for internal and external statement preparations.
• Prepares and files monthly sales tax returns.
• Make journal entries for RA Dailies.
• Enter invoices and print checks
• Reconcile all bank accounts
• Reconcile all credit card statements